8.13.2008

Doing the survey with academic libraries in Asia

After the meeting on March 21, 2008, we begin to send e-mail to the targeted academic libraries. I am responsible for the region of Asia which includes China, Singapore and Hong Kong. I choose the reference and system staff in libraries because wiki is a new technology that always set up under these staff. Also, I target the top 10 universities in China, all totally five universities in Singapore and five universities in Hong Kong.
I wait for two week and has send two time for each targeted universities. There is little respond from China only 3 out of 10; 4 out of 5 from Singapore. because of the little number respond from China, I try to send e-mail to 5 more univeristies in Hong Kong. There are totally 8 respond from Hong Kong. In this period, I have phoned the targeted universities which do not reply my e-mail but they seems very busy and do not have time to do the survey. Also, i try to e-mail universities that are out of the top 10 ranking in China to hope for more survey from China.
We do the survey procress from almost the whole April since we need to hand in a lot of assignment from other courses. So we just have one meeting on April 18 in whole April to show our progress of interviewing to our superiors.

No comments: