8.13.2008

ICTs, Training help children to access information world

ICTs, Training help children to access information world"Information at your finger tips"ICTs, under the motto "Information at your finger tips", is a promising programme that would work as bridge for children in (SCT) Salamieh Community Telecentre, to communicate with other children in the world.It helps enriching them with necessary knowledge station and sense of creativity . It is by far, a way to materialize their dreams and enables them pass the threshold of global horizons. Salamieh Community Telecentre, through its Communication and Information Sector, is therefore actively assisting children and young people to produce information themselves by supporting children media, and facilitating them create information. Training was conducted at the Strategic ICT programme for socio-economic development , ReefNet-Syria by Salamieh Community Telecentre – Syria – as part of education programme for children which was developed with the collaboration with the UNDP and the Ministry of Communication and Technology in Syria.The two-month training period in computer, English and French language was dedicated to help children to access information world. The children were enthusiastic to investigate world of information . 90 ICTs teaching hours are allocated to train children on concept of computer, access to internet world and English, French languages to develop skills in learning information on application programme.(SCT) always works to investigate the roles that technology can play in improving teaching and learning children inside and outside the classroom. It also designs and develops technology applications that support engaged, active learning in formal and informal settings.the programme is conducted by " Nabil Eid , Head manager of the (SCT) and Abdallah Fadel , Head of Language Department .Also ( Khloud Hwaijeh, Roaa Al Daman ) teachers of computer and (Reem Al Daman , Faten al Haj, Hawazen al Chaarani) teachers of English. (Lamis Mahfoud ) teacher of French language. All children and their families participants realized the importance and benefits of this kind of training for education professionals. The children received a package of handouts, which is of great help for their future teaching activities.Okba Al Khateeb is five years old. He is as student in the primary class in computer .He has shown much attachment and zeal to learn computer and has made a remarkable progress. He was at his computer doing some practices when I approached him:- Hi, your name is Okba, isn’t it?- Yes, it is , I am Okba. - How old are you? - I am 5 years. - Do you like your class? - yes I do. very much. - Why do you like computer class?- I learn a lot about computer. I can write document and draw by paint programme and play games. - How many times do you come to Salamieh Community Telecentre? - Three times a week, but I want more. - How can you work on computer? - Look it is easy you do … this …. move the mouse , choose the menu bar , icon , and click here and it is OK. - What things would you like to learn more in the computer class?- I'd like to learn how to use internet explorer and I'd like to chat with other children around the world.Raghdah Yehia She is a 7 years old girl. She came from jadouah , small village it's 15 Kilometers far from telecentre . She is active and frank , She is studying English language in her class in addition to computer . She is reviewing her grammar modules with her teacher.- Hello, What's your name ?- Raghdah Yehia - And I am Mr.Nabil Eid , manager of centre- How do you do?- How do you do?- So what are you doing here? - I am learning English in my class- What other subjects do you take here?- I take computer and English.- How are you getting on with your English and computer? - I am doing well . I can speak English with my friends and I can deal with them by internet.- Any thing else?- Nothing, I want to do my assignment now.Mohamed al Fadil , 10 Year old boy He is active smart and hard working , He has proven great skills and success in taking our programme . He can do any thing on computer " as He said "- Hello Mohammed , what are you doing, now?- I am designing medicine a programme for my father . My father is a doctor and he needs programme for his clinic. - What are the sources of your programme ? - I use visual basic and data base to cerate my programme.- Thanks Mohammed , Please we want to photograph you , right now - You are welcome.Mr Faisal Darwaish . A local citizen in Salamieh , came to our centre in the morning and asked us to enroll his daughter Hibba, for 2nd Time.When I asked him about his impression , he expressed his great estimation to the centre and this is is what he said" First I had a simple …idea about the centre but when my daughter Hibba had her first ICTs training at your centre I was surprised and over joyed with the bulk of information progress, she has had and the change that has come over here. My only daughter showed much attachment to the computer programme you are giving". I was at loss how I could fill her summer times . Now , She can contact by internet with her brother in UAE, by sending emails, photos, news of our family and we can hear daily news from my son abroad.ICTs programme in Salamieh Community Telecentre threshold to a brighter future.Eng. Nabil EidICT4D - SyriaSalamieh Community TelecentreNabileid21@yahoo.com

No comments: